Today, FLIR rolled out its next-generation line of outdoor perimeter security cameras, called FLIR Saros™. Combining multiple traditional perimeter protection technologies into a unified solution, FLIR Saros enables commercial businesses to implement state-of-the-art outdoor intrusion detection in a cost-effective manner.
The FLIR Saros platform combines numerous security technologies into a single unit, including:
- Multiple FLIR Lepton® thermal sensors – Provides the ability to deliver wide-area monitoring regardless of unfavorable lighting or weather conditions
- High-definition optical cameras – Option of 1080p or 4K resolution to realize accurate visual identification of intruders
- IR and visible LED illuminators – Ability to deter intruders with white light illumination
- Advanced onboard analytics – Accurate target detection and classification, to help reduce false alarms
- Two-way audio and digital input/outputs – Enables real-time audio response
An ideal security solution for construction sites, auto dealers, bridges, airports and critical infrastructure who want to avoid theft or damage to valuable assets, FLIR Saros not only greatly reduces the cost of initial deployment by minimizing the amount of equipment required, but also reduces false positives with built-in advanced analytics that classify both human and vehicle intruders, delivering accurate, actionable alerts, and verified alarm data.
The FLIR Saros camera line – in both dome and multi-imager form factors – will begin shipping in North America and Europe in the third quarter of 2018 through FLIR’s established network of dealers and integrators. For more information on FLIR Saros, visit FLIR.com/Saros.