At Teledyne FLIR we know that you care about how the Personal Information we receive about you is used and shared, and we take the protection of your Personal Information seriously.
The Teledyne FLIR Site is not intended for use by any children, including children under the age of thirteen. Teledyne FLIR does not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under thirteen. If you think that Teledyne FLIR has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at email@example.com (or at the address provided below). Because Teledyne FLIR is committed to protecting children’s privacy online, use of the Teledyne FLIR Site by children under the age of thirteen is prohibited.
Collection and use of your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information of an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as your name, address, email address or phone number.
Teledyne FLIR collects Personal Information in a number of circumstances, either automatically or when you provide it to us, including under the following circumstances and for the following purposes:
- About you as our contact person for our business partners, customers and end users, vendors and suppliers, when we set up your company’s account enterprise resources planning system, and in the framework of our existing business relationship. This will necessarily involve the processing of the following data: Contact information (full name, postal work address, work email address and telephone numbers), job title, payment information (bank account number, tax ID, and other related billing information and data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention), data relating to purchase history.
- We will use this information to :
- allow Teledyne FLIR to execute the contract concluded with you :
- to issue a quote, for order entry and to establish a contract;
- to fulfill your purchase contract or making available a free demo, including making required shipping arrangements and provide related customer support;
- to ensure timely supply of critical firmware updates (by email notification or otherwise);
- to communicate about the Teledyne FLIR Products & Services you purchased, or to respond to your queries or requests (including relating to Teledyne FLIR Products & Services);
- to send administrative information to you (such as information relating to the Teledyne FLIR Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies).
- pursue Teledyne FLIR's legitimate interest to :
- create and communicate content and offers most relevant to you, and to send relevant personalized marketing communications to you ;
- send offers and accessories related to your purchase, and newsletters relating to Teledyne FLIR's Products & Services to you;
- keep your technical skills required to operate our cameras up to date, by sending invitations to trainings, camera tutorials and online programs and reminders of certification renewal dates to you;
- send reminders of the upcoming expiration date of your camera’s calibration.
- Non-FLIR non-US Party Vetting and Screening:
- Prior to setting up your company’s account or entering into a transaction with your company, we will need to screen your company against prohibited parties’ lists, which may involve the processing of the following Personal Information relating to yourself, as a contact person of your employing entity: your name, title, address, email, and telephone number.
- In case of an intended visit of a Teledyne FLIR facility, or receipt of export controlled technical information or defense services, on behalf of your employer, we will need to screen you against prohibited parties’ lists, prior to allowing you any access to such Teledyne FLIR facility or technical information, which may involve the processing of the following Personal Information you have provided to us: full name, email address, telephone number, job title, current and past citizenship and current country of permanent residence, your photograph and/or information contained in ID cards to issue a visitor badge.
- Prior to onboarding your company as a new business partner, we may process the following Personal Information about you as owner, or key personnel of your company: your date of birth, ID card numbers, and information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against business partners.
- We process the data relating to your company and/or yourself, as non-US persons, for the purposes of :
- complying with US and foreign export control and sanctions laws, which prevents Teledyne FLIR from engaging in any business activity with entities or individuals appearing on US and foreign Government issued lists of Denied and Restricted parties, or to transfer certain technical export controlled data to non-US parties without a proper license being in place,
- and to carry out an adequate due diligence of our business partners in compliance with applicable US and foreign anti-bribery laws.
- When you visit a Teledyne FLIR Site: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, the name and version of the Teledyne FLIR Site you are using, and the IP address of your PC or other device.
- We will use this information to pursue our legitimate interest to make the Teledyne FLIR Site more easy for you to use, to improve and help develop the Teledyne FLIR Site and related IT systems, and to fulfill our business purpose, such as :
- carrying out data analysis, identifying usage trends, analyze how visitors use and browse Teledyne FLIR Sites,
- carrying out audits, fraud monitoring and prevention,
- developing new products, enhancing improving our modifying our products, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Online Registration for use of Teledyne FLIR Products & Services:
- When you are an existing customer (with an existing account), you are eligible to obtain a Single Sign On which will enable you to access various Teledyne FLIR Products & Services online via our secured platform (“Portal”). For this you must first complete a registration procedure which requires you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, job title, telephone number, user name and password, as well as account details, such as information on the Teledyne FLIR customer on whose behalf you register the account (providing demographic information, such as your job title, is optional). You will then receive your login credentials. When you provide this information, we keep it on file with any information you have already volunteered to us on previous visits to the Teledyne FLIR Site.
- We process this information to allow you to :
- create and manage your online account profile,
- manage your marketing communication preferences, and
- to allow you to use certain features of the Teledyne FLIR Site or to use or purchase various Teledyne FLIR Products & Services on line (as the case by providing additional information) :
- When you buy and install a new product, we will invite you to register your purchase electronically. At this occasion we will ask you to provide your name, email, telephone number, postal address. Providing this information is voluntary. We process such information to allow you to benefit from an extended product warranty.
- Cloud Services: when you are uploading, accessing or downloading your content, or accessing Teledyne FLIR provided output data, we will process the following Personal Information: information the images you upload are tagged with (e.g. your location), Personal Information you include in the content you upload (e.g. annotations and comments), data related to the use of the service (e.g. time stamps).
- Customer Support: When you contact us via our Portal to obtain support, including warranty and out of warranty repair we may process the following information: Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, product purchased and location, username and password.
- Product purchases via Teledyne FLIR's Webshop: Certain Products can be purchased via our webshop. Our webshop is operated by Scalefast within all the markets where Teledyne FLIR offers the opportunity for you to make an online purchase. When you surf on the Teledyne FLIR Site, and place a product in your shopping cart, we collect the Personal Information as described above (“Use of Teledyne FLIR Site”). You are then transferred via a link on the Teledyne FLIR Site to the e-commerce platform of our webshop provider, who will be the merchant of record for your purchase. You can find information on how our webshop provider processes your data when you purchase a Teledyne FLIR product from them in their own privacy notice. When you have purchased a Teledyne FLIR product via our webshop we collect the following information from our webshop provider: your name, email address, IP address, billing address, shipping address phone number, products purchased. We process that Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Payment via credit card: For any other Products that can be purchased online from Teledyne FLIR, if you decide to pay by credit card, upon clicking “submit and pay” you will be directed to our credit card payment provider’s platform where you will need to enter your card details directly, and upon card authorization our provider will only pass on to Teledyne FLIR the following Personal Information required for order creation by Teledyne FLIR: cardholder name and address, last 4 digits of card, expiry date.
- Community Forums and Chats: You may submit Personal Information to Teledyne FLIR by using the Community Forum feature of the Teledyne FLIR Site or when you engage in a chat with us. In this case, we collect the Personal Information you volunteer to us via the Community Forum.
- Promotional Games & Contests, Surveys, Trials : Teledyne FLIR may, from time to time, collect other information from you when you voluntarily provide it (for instance, when we make special offers, hold promotions, conduct surveys, or allow you to sign up for an event or contest or a webinar, when you volunteer to test a product or app, or when you download content). Personal Information collected by Teledyne FLIR is often limited to name, e-mail address, language, country or location, phone number but may include other information depending on the individual service you are requesting. If other information is requested, additional information will be provided to you in specific information notices. We collect this information to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities (to contact you, divulge your name as the winner and ship the prize to you if you win). These activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. This information will be provided to you along with the sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions;
- Visitor Registration and CCTV: When you visit a Teledyne FLIR facility (regardless of the need to screen you as a non-Teledyne FLIR party), surveillance cameras may be operated to monitor the facility’s outside perimeter and reception area, and we will ask you to check in and check out, by providing the following information to us: full name, name of your employer, visited Teledyne FLIR staff, data of arrival and departure, photograph to issue a visitor badge.
- We process this information in order to ensure your safety and allow us to locate you in case of incidents, and ensure security of Teledyne FLIR assets and facilities.
- Trade shows or other business encounters: When you interact with us at trade shows or on other occasions, we may process the following Personal Information you provided to us: Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, job title
- Classroom Training :
- When you interact with us to register for and/or attend a classroom training, we will collect the following Personal Information: Your name, email address and telephone or mobile number, your employer’s company address, contact name, email address and phone number (and invoicing address and contact name if different),
- When you register for certification courses, we will collect the following Personal Information: your photograph, exam answer sheet, identification sheet signed off by yourself and instructor, student registration card; When you register for certification courses involving external bodies, we will collect the following Personal Information: your age and date of birth, written confirmation by yourself and by your employer that you passed a positive vision test.
- We may in addition collect the training evaluation form (if you have chosen to mention your email address and name on the form).
- We process this information in order to :
- Fulfill a contract with your employer for the provision of the purchased training and/or administration of the related certification procedure (including: logistical arrangements, issuance of diplomas, and for certification courses: verify your identity and establishing proof of attendance, issuance of certification card with your photograph, exam results and identification data)
- Pursue our legitimate interest to invite you to surveys to improve our trainings and to keep your technical skills and certification up to date;
- allow Teledyne FLIR to execute the contract concluded with you :
- We may also collect all of the above Personal Information for the following purpose: As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Legal Basis for Our Processing of Personal Information (GDPR)
Unless expressly stated otherwise, when we collect Personal Information from you, the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Information is:
- 6 para 1 b) GDPR, if we process the Personal Information to establish and fulfil a contract with you or with your employer;
- 6 para 1 f) GDPR, if we process the Personal Information to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests (eg, , having regard to our existing relationship, to send you marketing communications, to answer your questions about products of interest to you, to transfer data within Teledyne FLIR affiliates for internal administration purposes, to ensure network security, to prevent fraud, to ensure your safety when you visit a Teledyne FLIR facility, in regard to product safety issues, to comply with applicable foreign laws (such as US Export Control and Sanctions Laws, anti-bribery laws), to ensure the protection of our legal rights, and making available the Teledyne FLIR Site to you;
- 6 para 1 a) GDPR, if we have requested consent for the processing of Personal Information, and to collect Personal Information from third parties, if you have requested information from us through a third party or vendor;
- 6 para 1 c) GDPR, if we process the data to comply with legal obligations stemming from EU Member States and EU Union laws we are subject to.
Legal basis (other territories)
We will only Process Personal Information if and when allowed in accordance with applicable privacy laws.For processing of Personal Information which is subject to Canadian privacy laws, Teledyne FLIR will always request your consent (save applicable exceptions).
Security of Personal Information
We recognize how important your Personal Information is to you, and Teledyne FLIR strictly protects the security of your Personal Information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Teledyne FLIR takes precautions to protect our users’ information both online and offline. Inside Teledyne FLIR, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. We utilize computer safeguards, such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, to keep this Personal Information safe. We only authorize access to those Teledyne FLIR employees who need to access your Personal Information in order to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your Personal Information while it is being transmitted, by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your Personal Information with you.
- We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Teledyne FLIR Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Personal Information Sharing
Teledyne FLIR does not rent, sell or share your Personal Information unnecessarily, or without a clearly defined purpose, and not without ensuring all the necessary protections are in place, to ensure Teledyne FLIR meets all its legal obligations around the storage, transmission and processing of Personal Information, as set out by all relevant legislations within the markets that Teledyne FLIR operates. When we share your Personal Information, we do not allow any third-party partners to use it for their own marketing purposes. When we do share your Personal Information, you can be assured that it will only be shared with third-party recipients who will protect your Personal Information as closely as Teledyne FLIR does.
Teledyne FLIR's internal access permissions are strictly controlled, and so Teledyne FLIR also does not allow access to your Personal Information by Teledyne FLIR employees, unless the employee requires access to fulfil their role and responsibilities. All companies in the Teledyne FLIR group are bound, as required by law, to ensure that Personal Information is protected consistent with EU standards as explained in section 7 “Transfer of personal data” below.
- Service Providers: We may also share your Personal Information with trusted third parties who work on behalf and upon the instructions of Teledyne FLIR under data processing and confidentiality agreements, including providers of website hosting and cloud storage, maintenance and call centre services, packaging, mailing and delivery services, training and training venue services, credit card companies and banks, providers who answer customer questions about products or services, send postal mail, process event registrations and provide other administrative services. These third parties process the Personal Information on behalf of Teledyne FLIR for the purposes above (and as specifically agreed) and may use your Personal Information to help Teledyne FLIR communicate with you and for other reasons. However, these third parties do not have any independent right to process or share your Personal Information and we only share the Personal Information that enables our service providers to fulfil the specially agreed services.
- Sharing Personal Information with other organizations: We may share Personal Information with other organizations, under the following circumstances:
- Teledyne FLIR may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, including laws outside your country of residence, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Teledyne FLIR; (b) protect and defend the rights, property, privacy or safety of Teledyne FLIR, our affiliates, you or others; or (c) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or otherwise in response to law enforcement requests (including requests from authorities outside your country of residence).
You may submit Personal Information through the Community Forum feature of the Teledyne FLIR Site. Any information that you post or disclose through this feature may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose information through the Community Forum feature.
For more information regarding these third parties, please contact us via the email address provided in the section “Contact Us” below.
Transferring your Personal Information
Control of your Personal Information
When we offer the possibility to create your online user profile, we provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information you entered when you created the account is correct and current. You may delete, review and update the Personal Information you have provided to us at any time, by logging into your personal Teledyne FLIR account, which also allows you to to change your marketing preferences. Erasure of your user profile will however not entail erasure of all your other Personal Information we may retain in all our IT systems, and for which you can avail yourself of the rights under “Your rights”.
You are entitled to ask Teledyne FLIR to obtain access to your Personal Information and for a copy of your information, to correct it if it is inaccurate and under certain conditions, to erase it or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organizations. You may also have the right to object to some processing activities such as direct marketing communications or when we otherwise rely on our legitimate interest as a legal basis to process your Personal Information, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent (all requests as per this section are jointly referred to as “Individual Rights Requests”)
With regard to the marketing communications that we send to you by email you may also follow the clear unsubscribe instructions, which the email marketing communication will display. Follow this instruction will end the reception of this marketing communication.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
There is no charge for exercising these Individual Rights Requests. If you wish to submit such request, then please direct it to the below address (see “Contact us”):
We may require proof of identification before fulfilling Individual Rights Request, so please provide clear and easy means on communicating with you, so, if it becomes necessary, your identification can be confirmed quickly and easily, and so Teledyne FLIR can meet its obligations in terms of the duration Teledyne FLIR has to respond to any Individual Rights Request you make.
Where we require Personal Information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested Personal Information is optional.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of marketing, you can get in touch with Teledyne FLIR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country that you reside in.
Social Media Buttons
On the Teledyne FLIR Site we use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube. The plug-ins can be identified by the social media buttons marked with the logo of the provider of the respective social media networks.
When you surf on one of the Teledyne FLIR Site containing such plugin, your browser loads the plug-ins and social media buttons directly from the respective social media network and integrates them into the site. Through this process the respective social media network will receive the information that your browser has loaded one of our sites, even if you do not have a profile at the respective social network or are not currently logged into your profile. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a server, which may be located outside the European Economic Area and stored there.
If you are logged into your profile, the respective social network can immediately associate your visit to the Teledyne FLIR Site with your profile. The social media network will receive further information, if you interact with the plug-ins we have integrated into our site (e.g. click on one of the buttons). You can prevent such association by logging out of your account before visiting the Teledyne FLIR Site or by using one of the available blockers available as add-ons for your browser.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by social sites can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA: Facebook Privacy
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA: Twitter Privacy
- Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA: Instagram
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA: LinkedIn Privacy.
- YouTube YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066 USA: You tube Privacy
The Teledyne FLIR Site uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by the third-party provider Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics is used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Teledyne FLIR Site, compiling reports on the Teledyne FLIR Site activity and other services relating to the Teledyne FLIR Site activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Teledyne FLIR Site is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This transfer is covered by Google’s Privacy Shield certification and a separate data processing agreement that we have concluded with Google. On the Teledyne FLIR Site we have also activated the IP anonymisation tool “gat._anonymizeIp();” provided by Google to help protect your privacy. This means that your IP address will automatically be shortened after it is collected so it can no longer be connected to you see Google Analytics for more information see information on Google Analytics and data privacy.
How Long we Store your Personal Information
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose it was initially collected for, unless we are obliged, in accordance with statutory law to retain your Personal Information for a specific minimum retention period. The length of time we store and utilize your Personal Information will therefore vary, depending on the reasons of your initial and recurring contact with us. Specific retention periods may be detailed in specific privacy notices relative to the activities concerned and you may request information on the applicable retention period from us at any time at email@example.com (or at the address provided below). After the expiration of the relevant retention period, we may retain your data for an appropriate period (but not exceeding the applicable statute of limitation under national laws) to protect ourselves from legal claims, or to administer our business. We will delete your Personal Information, when you request to erase it or withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for further processing (e.g. a statutory obligation to retain your Personal Information), or when you object to the processing in accordance with “Your rights” (see above) or when we are obliged to delete it in accordance with an obligation under applicable law.
For any questions or concerns relating to this Notice, or our data protection practices, or to make an Individual Rights Request, please contact us at:
For customers and other data subjects in the EEA:
FLIR Systems Trading Belgium BVBA
Phone: +32 (0) 3665 5100
For customers and other data subjects in Canada:
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions
12051 Riverside Way
V6W 1K7 Richmond,
FLIR Unmanned Aerial Systems ULC
575 Kumpf Drive Waterloo
Ontario N2V 1K3 (519) 489-6726
For customers and other data subjects in the US and any other geographies:
FLIR Legal Department
Teledyne FLIR LLC
27700 SW Parkway Avenue
Wilsonville, OR 97070